幻灯二

美剧天才好看吗(成长教育迅雷[美剧] 天才/Genius 全集第1季第1集剧本完整版)

[美剧] 天才/Genius 全集第1季第1集剧本完整版

剧本 台词 字幕 笔记 中英文对照 纯英文 学英语 文本 PDF 文档 电子版 纸质版

杰弗里·拉什加盟国家地理频道剧集《天才》、饰演老年阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦,强尼·弗林饰青年爱因斯坦。 该剧共十集,改编自沃尔特·艾萨克森的畅销书《爱因斯坦传》,讲述天才爱因斯坦如何攻克难关、一举破解原子与宇宙的奥秘。[展开全文]

杰弗里·拉什加盟国家地理频道剧集《天才》、饰演老年阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦,强尼·弗林饰青年爱因斯坦。 该剧共十集,改编自沃尔特·艾萨克森的畅销书《爱因斯坦传》,讲述天才爱因斯坦如何攻克难关、一举破解原子与宇宙的奥秘。

【剧本】:

1 (birds singing) Good morning, Herr Minister.

=>1(鸟儿唱歌)早上好,先生部长。

Good morning, Eric.

=> 早安,埃里克。

To the Reichstag, please.

=> 请到国会议员。

(groans softly) (trolley bell clangs) (engine revving) What are they doing? Eric! Walther Rathenau, Minister of - Foreign Affairs for the Weimar Republic? - Eric, - drive! - Death to the Elders of Zion.

=> (轻轻呻吟)(电车铃铛)(发动机转速)他们在做什么?埃里克!魏玛共和国外交部长Walther Rathenau? - 埃里克,开车! - 锡安长老去世。

(groans) (yelling, groans) (yelling) (groans) And this is for ruining Germany, Jew pig.

=> (呻吟)(大喊,呻吟)(大喊)(呻吟)这是为了毁灭德国,犹太人的猪。

All right.

=> 好吧。

(indistinct chatter, groaning) (explosion) Go, go, go, go! (woman moaning) I have a proposition to make.

=> (模糊的喋喋不休,呻吟)(爆炸)走吧,走吧,走吧! (女人呻吟)我有一个建议。

Not now, Albert.

=> 不,现在,艾伯特。

It is an unorthodox idea, but - Please be quiet.

=> 这是一个非正统的想法,但是 - 请保持安静。

- (moans) (moaning) (man moaning, bell tolling) But crazier thoughts of mine have worked - in the past.

=> - (呻吟)(呻吟)(呻吟,钟声)但是我的疯狂思想已经奏效了 - 过去。

- Pick me up! (both moaning) Oh, God.

=> - 接我! (都呻吟)哦,天啊。

- Oh, God! Oh, God! - God would most likely disapprove of this idea, but I would convince him.

=> - 天啊!天啊! - 上帝很可能会不赞成这个想法,但我会说服他。

(panting) Move in with me, Betty.

=> (气喘吁吁)跟我来,贝蒂。

(moaning) (moaning) You havent given me an answer.

=> (呻吟)(呻吟)你没有给我答案。

Youre late for your lecture.

=> 你讲课迟到了。

My lecture can wait.

=> 我的演讲可以等。

Fine.

=> 精细。

Since you have so much time, shall we address your schedule? The Telegraph, Life Magazine and the Los Angeles Times have all requested interviews, and please dont forget you invited Minister Rathenau to dinner on Sunday.

=> 既然你有这么多时间,我们是否可以解决你的日程安排? “每日电讯报”,“生活”杂志和“洛杉矶时报”都要求采访,请不要忘记在周日邀请Rathenau部长共进晚餐。

Betty, move in with me.

=> 贝蒂,跟我来。

You have a wife.

=> 你有老婆。

Whom I adore.

=> 我崇拜谁

Youre insane.

=> 你疯了

- No.

=> - 没有

- (bells tolling) Im quite rational, actually.

=> - (钟声)我真的很理性。

Monogamy is not natural.

=> 一夫一妻制是不自然的。

It is a construct of religious authority.

=> 这是一个宗教权威的结构。

And a foolish faith in authority, my dear Betty, is the worst enemy of truth.

=> 对于权威的愚蠢信仰,亲爱的贝蒂,是真相的最大敌人。

Truth being that rules dont apply to you? I love Mozart and Bach.

=> 事实是规则不适用于你?我爱莫扎特和巴赫。

I love the Swiss Alps and the Baltic Sea.

=> 我爱瑞士阿尔卑斯山和波罗的海。

Why cant I love you and Elsa? For a man who is an expert on the universe, you dont know the first thing about people, do you? No, no, no.

=> 为什么我不能爱你和艾尔莎?对于一个宇宙专家的人来说,你不了解人的第一件事情,是吗?不不不。

Forgive me, Betty.

=> 原谅我,贝蒂。

Perhaps triangular geometry is not as simple as Id like it to be.

=> 也许三角几何不像我希望的那样简单。

(phone ringing) Professor Einsteins office.

=> (电话铃响)爱因斯坦教授的办公室。

Yeah, one moment, please.

=> 是的,请稍等一下。

Its Mileva Maric.

=> 这是米列娃马里奇。

I cant.

=> 我不能。

Not now.

=> 不是现在。

I apologize.

=> 我道歉。

The professor is busy.

=> 教授很忙。

May I take a message? - Yes, Frau.

=> 我可以留言吗? - 是的,弗劳。

- (door opens) She says its urgent.

=> - (门打开)她说这是紧急的。

As you said, Im late for my lecture.

=> 正如你所说,我的讲课迟到了。

EINSTEIN: What is time? A deceptively simple question, yet it is the key to understanding relativity.

=> 爱因斯坦:什么时间?一个看似简单的问题,但它是理解相对论的关键。

It is also the reason my hair is going gray.

=> 这也是我的头发变灰的原因。

(laughter) When we describe motion, we do so as a function of time: ten meters per second, 100 miles per hour.

=> (笑声)当我们描述运动时,我们是按照时间的函数来做的:每秒10米,每小时100英里。

But a mathematical description of velocity is moot unless we can define "time.

=> 但是除非我们能够定义“时间”,否则对速度的数学描述是没有意义的。

" Is time universal? In other words, is there an audible tick-tock throughout the galaxy? A master clock, so to speak, forging ahead like Mozarts metronome? The answer, my friends, is no.

=>“是时间普遍的吗?换句话说,整个银河系里是否有可听见的嘀嗒声呢?可以这么说,像莫扎特的节拍器一样,主钟可以继续前进吗?我的朋友的回答是否定的。

Time is not absolute.

=> 时间不是绝对的。

In fact, for us believing physicists, the distinction between the past, present and future is but a stubborn illusion.

=> 实际上,对于我们相信物理学家来说,过去,现在和将来的区别只不过是一种固执的幻想。

(people murmuring) A lot to consider, I know.

=> (人们嘟)着)我知道很多要考虑的事情。

I know.

=> 我知道。

(laughter) But understanding time is essential to understanding relativity.

=> (笑)但是理解时间对理解相对性是必不可少的。

Now, I want you all to close your eyes.

=> 现在,我希望你们都闭上你的眼睛。

Not to worry.

=> 不用担心。

I dont bite.

=> 我不咬人

But I am on the lookout for a new pen.

=> 但我正在寻找一支新笔。

(laughter) Go on.

=> (笑)继续。

Close your eyes.

=> 闭上你的眼睛。

To truly grasp the idea of time, we must take a step back and ask: what is light? So, journey with me to the Sun.

=> 要真正把握时间观念,我们必须退一步问:什么是光?所以,跟我一起去太阳。

(whooshing) (whooshing, tinkling) Light travels from the Sun to the Earth through space, yes? When I was your age, I wanted to know how can something light travel through nothing space? Let us isolate a light beam and travel alongside it, but let us go faster.

=> (嗖嗖)(嗖嗖,叮叮当当)光线从太阳通过太空传播到地球,是吗?当我还是你的年龄的时候,我想知道光线如何穿越空间?让我们分离出一束光线,然后让我们走得更快。

Are you there with me? Faster.

=> 你在我身边吗?更快。

Faster! (whooshing) What is time? Herr Einstein, wake up! I wasnt sleeping, sir.

=> 更快! (whooshing)什么是时间?爱因斯坦先生醒来!先生,我没在睡觉。

I was thinking.

=> 我刚在想。

Oh, really? About what, exactly? The secrets of the cosmos, I suppose.

=> 真的吗?究竟是什么?宇宙的秘密,我想。

I suggest you think about trigonometry instead.

=> 我建议你考虑三角学。

With your eyes open.

=> 睁大眼睛

And sit up! Laws of Sines and Cosines.

=> 坐起来!正弦和余弦的法律。

ALL: C-squared equals A-squared plus B-squared subtract two-AB-cosine-C.

=> ALL:C平方等于A平方加B平方减去两AB平均余弦C。

TEACHER: Area of a triangle.

=> 老师:三角形的面积。

ALL: Area equals C-squared Sine-A Sine-B over two-Sine-C.

=> ALL:面积等于C正方形的正弦-A正弦-B超过两个正弦-C。

(clock ticking) What is the (muffled distant speech) differential equation? Herr Einstein, are you still too busy contemplating the secrets of the cosmos to solve this equation? Oh, no, sir.

=> (时钟滴答)什么是(闷声远音)微分方程?爱因斯坦先生,你还在忙着考虑宇宙的秘密来解决这个问题吗?哦,不,先生。

I-Ive already solved it.

=> 我 - 我已经解决了。

Leave.

=> 离开。

Now.

=> 现在。

On what offense? Your mere presence spoils the respect of the class for me! - That is not an objective reason! - Out! The natural log of a constant multiplied by X equals the natural log of one plus V-squared.

=> 什么罪?你的存在破坏了我对班级的尊重! - 这不是一个客观的原因! - 出去!一个常数乘以X的自然对数等于一个加V平方的自然对数。

And since V equals Y over X, that gives us the final function: X-squared plus Y-squared minus C-X-cubed equals zero.

=> 而且由于V等于Y而不是X,所以给出了最终的函数:X平方加Y平方减去C-X立方等于零。

And speaking truthfully, sir, your mere presence spoils my respect for the future of Prussian mathematics.

=> 先生,如果你真诚地说话,你的存在就会破坏我对普鲁士数学未来的尊重。

Out.

=> 出。

(rhythmic drumming, children shouting) (children shouting) (child blows a raspberry) MAN: Boots, pay attention.

=> (有节奏的打鼓,小孩喊)(孩子喊)(小孩吹树莓)男人:靴子,注意。

Turn around! Look at me.

=>回转!看着我。

I want you to listen to me very carefully, son.

=> 儿子,我要你非常小心的听我说。

Rebellion will get you nowhere in life.

=> 叛乱将使你无处生活。

You step on enough toes, and I promise you, one day you will trip.

=> 你踩足够的脚趾,我答应你,有一天你会旅行。

Im not going to apologize for thinking that Thats exactly what youre going to do.

=> 我不会因为这是你要做的事而道歉。

The headmaster is willing to give you one last chance, so I want you to go in there and say youre sorry.

=> 校长愿意给你最后一次机会,所以我想让你进去,说你很抱歉。

(bell tolling) Wait.

=> (钟收)等等。

No, Father, please.

=> 不,请父亲。

No, I cant.

=> 不,我不能。

- You need an education.

=> - 你需要一个教育。

- I agree! But blind regurgitation and rote memorization is not an education.

=> - 我同意!但是盲目的反胃和死记硬背不是一种教育。

Let me study on my own, and I promise Ill make you proud.

=> 让我自己学习,我保证我会让你感到骄傲。

How exactly will you do that, huh? Look around you.

=> 你究竟会怎么做呢?看看你周围。

What do you see? - I see my impudent son.

=> 你看到了什么? - 我看到我的无礼的儿子。

- Yes, but what am I made of? Matter.

=> - 是的,但是我做了什么?物。

And what keeps my feet on the ground? Gravity.

=> 而什么让我的脚在地上?重力。

Oh, Albert, I dont have time for This is not Time, yes, that, too! And light and magnetism.

=> 哦,艾伯特,我没有时间,这不是时间,是的,那也是!而光和磁性。

These invisible forces that nobody fully understands.

=> 这些无形的力量,没有人完全理解。

Where do they come from? What are they made of? And why do they act as they do? I want to be the one who solves those mysteries.

=> 他们来自哪里?他们是做什么的?为什么他们这样做?我想成为解决这些奥秘的人。

Solving mysteries is not a vocation.

=> 解决奥秘不是一种职业。

But it is.

=> 但它是。

Im-Im going to be a physicist.

=> 我是 - 我将成为一名物理学家。

No, not without a degree you wont! And if you get thrown out again, I will not be here to save you.

=> 不,没有学位你不会!如果你再次被抛出去,我将不会在这里救你。

I dont need saving, Father.

=> 父亲,我不需要拯救。

No, I-I dont mean that.

=> 不,我 - 我不是这个意思。

I mean, I will not be here at all.

=> 我的意思是,我不会在这里。

What are you talking about? Your mother, sister and I are moving to Italy.

=> 你在说什么?你的母亲,姐姐和我正在搬到意大利。

Italy? I dont understand.

=> 意大利?我不明白。

- Why? - Well big demand for street lamps in Milan.

=> - 为什么? - 对米兰路灯的需求很大。

But what about your business here? Our business is bankrupt.

=> 但是你的生意呢?我们的生意破产了

Why didnt you tell me? It is not your concern.

=> 你为什么不告诉我?这不是你的担心。

- Let me come with you.

=> - 让我和你一起去。

Please.

=> 请。

- Albert.

=> - 阿尔伯特

Albert.

=> 伟业。

You dont speak Italian.

=> 你不会说意大利语。

How would you expect to go to school? Ill learn Italian.

=> 你希望上学怎么样?我会学意大利语。

Ill Le - Ill learn faster than anyone has ever - Albert.

=> 我会乐 - 我会学得比任何人都快 - 阿尔伯特。

Learned it before.

=> 之前学过。

So - So youre abandoning me? - No Im looking out for your future.

=> 所以 - 所以你放弃了我? - 不,我正在寻找你的未来。

Its time you learn to be independent and take responsibility for yourself.

=> 现在是时候学会独立,为自己承担责任。

You will live with your cousins until your studies are complete.

=> 你将和你的表兄弟一起生活,直到学习完成。

Now go back to school.

=> 现在回到学校。

HERMANN: Pauline! Maja! The train will not wait - for your hair to be pinned up.

=> 赫曼:波琳!玛雅!火车不会等 - 让你的头发被固定住。

- Coming.

=> - 来了。

Coming already.

=> 已经来了

Albert, I left you two roast hens, green beans and potatoes.

=> 阿尔伯特,我给你留下了两只烤母鸡,青豆和土豆。

Oh, and I ordered extra milk delivery to your aunts house, - so drink plenty.

=> 噢,我把额外的牛奶送到你的阿姨家 - 所以喝多了。

Come.

=> 来。

- I wont forget to eat, Mother.

=> 妈妈,我不会忘记吃的

(sighs) Oh I also left you a few extra marks.

=> (叹气)哦,我还给你留下了一些额外的印记。

Dont tell your father.

=> 不要告诉你的父亲。

Its not his money, anyway.

=> 无论如何,这不是他的钱。

Make us proud.

=> 让我们自豪。

HERMANN: Come on, now, we must hurry.

=> 赫曼:来吧,现在,我们必须快点。

(sighs) This is awful.

=> (叹气)这太可怕了。

I know.

=> 我知道。

How will I ever sleep without your incessant snoring? (chuckles) (sniffles) Promise me youll write.

=> 我将如何在没有持续的打鼾的情况下睡觉? (轻笑)(抽))答应我,你会写。

Of course, Maja.

=> 当然,玛娅

Driver.

=> 驱动程序。

Hyah.

=> Hyah。

TEACHER: Derivative of logarithmic functions.

=> 教师:对数函数的导数。

CLASS: The X derivative of natural log X is one over X.

=> CLASS:自然对数X的X导数是X的一个。

MAN: One, two, three, four.

=> 男子:一,二,三,四

Hydrogen.

=> 氢。

- One.

=> - 一个。

- Carbon Twelve.

=> - 碳十二。

- TEACHER: Lithium.

=> - 老师:锂。

- CLASS: Seven.

=> - 七班

TEACHER: Nitrogen.

=> 老师:氮气。

CLASS: Fourteen.

=> CLASS:十四。

Jaille.

=> Jaille。

- Tu ailles.

=> - 土耳其人。

- Come on, come on.

=> - 好啦好啦。

Il aille.

=> Il aille。

Nous allions.

=> Nous allions。

Vous alliez.

=> Vous alliez。

Ils aillent.

=> 我很有爱。

- Double angle formulas.

=> - 双角度公式。

- (whistle blows) CLASS: Sine 2 theta equals 2 sine theta (grunts) - cosine theta.

=> - (吹口哨)CLASS:正弦2 theta等于2正弦theta(咕噜声) - 余弦theta。

- Cosine.

=> - 余弦。

CLASS: Cosine 2 theta equals cosine No! I beg your pardon, Herr Einstein? I am feeling sick.

=> 类:余弦2θ等于余弦否!爱因斯坦先生,请原谅。我感觉不舒服。

I must go.

=> 我必须去。

(panting) (exhales) (watch ticking) (ticking continues) 60 beats per minute.

=> (气喘吁吁)(呼气)(手表滴答)(滴答作响)每分钟60次。

- Normal.

=> - 正常。

- Take my temperature.

=> - 拿我的温度。

I already did.

=> 我已经做了。

Its normal.

=> 这是正常的。

- Then take it again.

=> - 然后再次采取。

- Albert.

=> - 阿尔伯特

Im feeling feverish.

=> 我感到发烧。

I may faint.

=> 我可能会晕倒

Youre fine.

=> 你没事。

Then I must have a rash somewhere.

=> 那么我必须在某个地方出现皮疹。

Albert, whats going on? Im not asking as your doctor, but as a friend of your family.

=> 艾伯特,怎么回事?我不是问你的医生,而是作为你的家庭的朋友。

I must leave Germany, Dr.

=> 我必须离开德国,博士

Talmud.

=> 犹太法典。

Uh-huh.

=> 嗯。

Your father wants you to stay.

=> 你父亲要你留下来

(sighs) My father doesnt understand me.

=> (叹气)我的父亲不了解我。

Chin up.

=> 振奋起来。

Its only two more years.

=> 只有两年。

Maybe to you two years feels like the blink of an eye, but to me, its an eternity.

=> 也许对你来说,两年感觉就像眨眼之间,但对我来说,这是一个永恒。

I dont mean that literally, of course.

=> 当然,我的意思并不是这个意思。

Everybody knows that time cant move at two different speeds.

=> 大家都知道时间不能以两种不同的速度移动。

What do you want me to do? Hmm? Deem me medically unfit to finish school.

=> 你想要我做什么?嗯?对我来说,医学不适合完成学业。

For what reason? The Prussian malaise? Nervous breakdown will do.

=> 是什么原因?普鲁士人的不适?紧张的细节会做。

(train chugging) (train whistle blows) (woman speaking Italian) Spelt, milk, and do not forget the Eggs.

=> (火车闯祸)(火车吹口哨)(女人说意大利语)拼写,牛奶,不要忘记鸡蛋。

Yes, please, I heard you.

=> 是的,请听我说。

Im late.

=> 我迟到了。

Eggs, eggs, eggs.

=> 鸡蛋,鸡蛋,鸡蛋。

I cant afford to be late.

=> 我不能迟到。

I always ha Buongiorno, Papa.

=> 爸爸,我一直都是Buongiorno。

That is the extent of my Italian thus far.

=> 这是我的意大利到目前为止的程度。

You were right.

=> 你是对的。

It is a difficult language to grasp.

=> 这是一种难以理解的语言。

Why are you not in school? Ive decided to go to Zurich Polytechnic instead.

=> 你为什么不在学校?我决定去苏黎世理工学院。

Zurich Polytechnic? No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

=> 苏黎世理工学院?不,不,不,不,不,不,不。

You cannot expect to enter university - without finishing your studies.

=> 你不能指望进入大学 - 没有完成你的学业。

- Theyll admit me if I pass the entrance exam in June.

=> - 如果我六月份通过入学考试,他们会承认我的。

I-I was hoping I could stay here with with you and Mother and Maja - while I study.

=> 我 - 我希望能和你在一起,妈妈和妈妈留在这儿 - 在我学习的时候。

- (sighs) Hermann, who are you talking to? - Hello, Mother.

=> - (叹气)赫尔曼,你在跟谁说话? - 你好母亲。

- Oh.

=> - 哦。

Albert.

=> 伟业。

- No.

=> - 没有

He will go back to Munich immediately and finish his studies.

=> 他会马上回到慕尼黑,完成学业。

- And that is an order.

=> - 这是一个命令。

- Im sorry, Father, but Im not going back to Germany.

=> - 对不起,父亲,但我不回德国。

Ever again.

=> 以后再。

EINSTEIN: All right, let us all open our eyes and return to Germany.

=> 爱因斯坦:好吧,让我们都睁开眼睛,回到德国。

Here is our traveling light beam.

=> 这是我们的旅行光束。

Now, I will ask you again.

=> 现在,我会再次问你。

How can something light travel through nothing space? It cannot, Herr Professor.

=> 光线如何通过无空间传播?不能,先生教授。

Cannot.

=> 不能。

Good.

=> 好。

Therefore, if light is only a wave, then Space is not empty? Exactly.

=> 所以,如果光只是一个波,那么空间不是空的?究竟。

So just as sound waves travel through air, light waves must travel through some sort of medium in space.

=> 所以就像声波在空中传播一样,光波必须经过某种空间介质。

Scientists called it the ether, an invisible but all-encompassing substance pervading the universe.

=> 科学家称之为“以太”,这是一种无形而又包罗万象的物质,遍布宇宙。

I believed in it when I was your age.

=> 当我和你同龄的时候,我相信了。

Trust me.

=> 相信我。

I knew everything.

=> 我知道一切。

(laughter) But as it turns out, I was wrong.

=> (笑)但事实证明,我错了。

(door opens) Walther Rathenau is dead.

=> (门打开)Walther Rathenau已经死了。

- (alarmed chatter) - Assassinated in the street.

=> - (震惊喋喋不休)在街上被暗杀。

(thunder rumbles) EINSTEIN: I just saw him yesterday.

=> (雷声隆隆)爱因斯坦:我昨天才见到他。

He was coming to dinner on Sunday.

=> 他星期天来吃晚饭。

(phone rings) Ill get it.

=> (电话铃声)我会得到它。

Thats quite all right, Fraulein.

=> 这很好,Fraulein。

If you dont mind, Id like some time alone with my husband.

=> 如果你不介意,我想和我的丈夫独处一段时间。

(ringing continues) Why did you send her away? I dont want to be disturbed by the press.

=> (响个不停)你为什么把她送走?我不想被媒体打扰。

I need Betty to answer the phone.

=> 我需要贝蒂接电话。

I know why you need Betty.

=> 我知道你为什么需要贝蒂。

(ringing continues) And that is not the press.

=> (振铃继续)这不是新闻。

Its Mileva.

=> 这是米列娃。

Shes been calling all morning.

=> 她一直在打电话。

Why should I talk to her? She brings us nothing but misery and pain.

=> 我为什么要跟她说话?她给我们带来的只是苦难和痛苦。

We have enough of that as it is.

=> 我们已经足够了。

(ringing stops) Where are you going? My study.

=> (铃声停止)你要去哪里?我的学习。

Please dont.

=> 请不要。

Dont what? Do what you always do.

=> 不要什么?做你总是做的事。

Hide in your work.

=> 隐藏在你的工作中。

Your friend just died.

=> 你的朋友刚刚去世

You need to grieve.

=> 你需要悲伤

Machine gun and grenade.

=> 机枪和手榴弹。

What sort of animals would do this? You know exactly what sort of animals.

=> 什么样的动物会这样做?你确切知道什么样的动物。

Death to the Elders of Zion! Hold.

=> 死亡的锡安长老!保持。

(panting) We die for our ideals! (shouts in German) (shouting in German) (screams) (pounding on door) The revolution is coming, and Germany will rise again.

=> (气喘吁吁)我们为理想而死! (用德语大喊)(用德语大喊)(尖叫)(敲门声)革命即将到来,德国将再次起来。

(knocking) Good day, Frau Einstein.

=> (敲)好日子,弗朗爱因斯坦。

Captain Muller.

=> 米勒船长。

Berlin Police.

=> 柏林警方。

Is your husband at home? Good day, Herr Professor.

=> 你丈夫在家吗?美好的一天,先生教授。

Its an honor to meet you, though I regret the circumstances.

=> 能见到你真是很荣幸,虽然我很遗憾。

I understand you and Minister Rathenau were close.

=> 我明白你和拉特瑙部长的亲密。

We were.

=> 我们曾经。

Thank you.

=> 谢谢。

You may have heard that we located and killed Minister Rathenaus assassins.

=> 你可能听说我们找到Rathenau部长的刺客并杀死了他。

Who were they? The members of a fringe group called the Organization Consul.

=> 他们是谁?一个叫做组织领事的边缘组织的成员。

What is your definition of "fringe," Captain? A hundred members? Ten members? A thousand? Elsa.

=> 船长,你的“边缘”的定义是什么?一百个成员?十个成员?一千?艾尔莎。

Youre not here to offer your condolences, are you, Captain? No, sir, Im not.

=> 你不是在这里表示哀悼,你是船长吗?不,先生,我不是。

In the possession of the assassins, we found a list of targets.

=> 在刺客的掌握中,我们找到了一个目标列表。

Minister Rathenaus name was on that list, and so was yours, Herr Professor.

=> 拉特瑙部长的名字就在这个名单上,先生教授也是你的名字。

These men are part of a larger movement.

=> 这些人是一个更大的运动的一部分。

Im afraid it may not be safe for you to remain in Berlin.

=> 恐怕你留在柏林可能不安全。

Ill call the movers in the morning.

=> 我会在早上打电话给运动员。

They can have the apartment packed by Friday.

=> 他们星期五可以把公寓打包好。

We can go to the Baltic Sea for the summer.

=> 夏天我们可以去波罗的海。

That would give us a chance to consider a more permanent option.

=> 这将使我们有机会考虑一个更加长久的选择。

Albert, are you even listening to me? Were not going anywhere, Elsa.

=> 艾伯特,你甚至在听我说话吗?艾尔莎,我们不去。

Did you hear what the man said? Youre on a list.

=> 你听到这个人说什么了吗?你在名单上。

The killers are dead.

=> 凶手已经死了

- And they have accomplices.

=> - 他们有帮凶。

- No I will not kowtow to bullies.

=> - 不,我不会磕头欺负。

And I will not sit by and wait for fascists to kill my husband.

=> 我不会坐视法西斯主义者杀死我的丈夫。

I want to leave, Albert.

=> 我想离开,阿尔伯特。

Please.

=> 请。

You dont even like Germany.

=> 你甚至不喜欢德国。

This is not about Germany.

=> 这不是德国。

Elsa, this is about my work, my colleagues at the Academy, our friends, my sailboat, this apartment.

=> 艾尔莎,这是关于我的工作,我在学院的同事,我们的朋友,我的帆船,这个公寓。

Our life.

=> 我们的生活。

Its all here.

=> 都在这里

Its home.

=> 这是家。

Thats what Walther Rathenau thought, too.

=> 这就是沃尔特·拉特瑙所想的。

Walther was killed because he was a politician.

=> 瓦尔特因为政治家而遇害。

Im only a scientist.

=> 我只是一个科学家。

And youre both Jews.

=> 你们都是犹太人

HABER: Where on Gods Earth would you go? I have teaching offers abroad.

=> 哈伯:你会去哪里?我在国外教书。

Oxford.

=> 牛津。

Princeton.

=> 普林斯顿大学。

Ha! Ive known you for over a decade, Albert.

=> 哈!艾伯特,我认识你十几年了。

You despise British formality, you despise American exceptionalism.

=> 你鄙视英国的形式,你鄙视美国的例外主义。

I also despise German nationalism.

=> 我也鄙视德国的民族主义。

So do most Germans.

=> 大多数德国人也是如此。

The country has declared a national holiday for Walthers funeral tomorrow, for Gods sake.

=> 为了上帝的缘故,国家明天宣布瓦尔特的葬礼是全国性的。

Elsa is overreacting.

=> 艾尔莎反应过度。

Do you know what I find extraordinary about you, Fritz Haber? It might be my brilliant mind or my scintillating wit, but knowing you, youre not about to flatter me.

=> 你知道我对你有什么特别吗,Fritz Haber?这可能是我聪明的头脑,也可能是我闪亮的智慧,但是,知道你,你不会奉承我。

That you see yourself as one of them, and not as one of us.

=> 你认为自己是其中的一员,而不是我们中的一员。

One of us? You talk like a Zionist.

=> 我们中的一员?你说话犹如一个犹太复国主义者。

No, Im a realist.

=> 不,我是一个现实主义者。

And Im a German patriot, a proud war veteran, and a devout Christian.

=> 而且我是一个德国爱国者,一个骄傲的退伍军人和一个虔诚的基督徒。

Really, Fritz? Youre proud of your military service? You may have changed your religion, but dont think for a second you can change your heritage.

=> 真的,弗里茨?你为你的兵役感到骄傲?你可能已经改变了你的宗教信仰,但是不要以为你可以改变你的遗产。

Is that how you really see me? As some sort of fraud? No, no.

=> 这是你真正看到我的吗?作为某种欺诈?不,不。

Its not how I see you that matters.

=> 这不是我怎么看你的事情。

Its how men like this Adolf Hitler character see you.

=> 这就是阿道夫·希特勒这个人物喜欢你的人。

Adolf Hitler is a loud-mouthed art school reject with a handful of supporters in country of 60 million.

=> 阿道夫·希特勒是一个在6000万人口中拥有少数支持者的大声艺术学校。

Hell be gone in a year.

=> 他将在一年内离开。

Tell that to the esteemed Professor Lenard.

=> 告诉尊敬的Lenard教授。

Read it to me.

=> 把它读给我。

" Im quite certain it took him all the restraint he could muster not to refer to relativity as a Jewish theory.

=>“我相当肯定,他所能克制的一切都是为了不把相对论称为犹太人理论。

Forget Lenard.

=> 忘了Lenard。

- Hes just jealous of your success.

=> - 他只是嫉妒你的成功。

- Perhaps.

=> - 也许。

But look how many others have signed it.

=> 但看看还有多少人签了名。

People are listening to him, Fritz.

=> 人们正在倾听他,弗里茨。

Hes dangerous.

=> 他很危险

MAN: Please, Professor Lenard, I beg of you.

=> 男士:请,勒纳德教授,我求求你了。

Its only one day of classes.

=> 这只是一天的课程。

I couldnt agree more.

=> 我完全同意。

Thats why Im choosing to teach.

=> 这就是我选择教书的原因。

But a national day of mourning has been declared.

=> 但是,全国哀悼日已经宣布。

The University of Heidelberg must respect it.

=> 海德堡大学必须尊重它。

A national day of mourning for a Bolshevik Jew who bankrupted our nation and left behind a generation of jobless young men? No, thank you.

=> 一个哀悼布尔什维克犹太人的国庆日,这个犹太人破产了我们的国家,留下了一代失业的年轻人呢?不,谢谢。

The death of Walther Rathenau should be cause for celebration, not mourning.

=> Walther Rathenau的死应该是庆祝,而不是哀悼。

- Professor.

=> - 教授。

- No.

=> - 没有

This funeral is a garish spectacle led by left-wing radicals like Albert Einstein to paint German patriots as criminals.

=> 这场葬礼是由爱因斯坦等左翼激进分子把德国爱国者描绘成罪犯的一个花哨的场面。

Philipp, Im begging you.

=> 菲利普,我求求你了。

As your friend.

=> 作为你的朋友。

Dont let old skirmishes cloud your vision.

=> 不要让旧的冲突阴影你的视野。

If that is what you think this is, sir, then we are not friends.

=> 如果那是你的想法,先生,那么我们不是朋友。

(heavy footsteps in unison) MAN: Stand! Gentlemen, there is a new war festering.

=> (统一沉重的脚步)男子:站立!先生们,有一场新的战争正在蔓延。

A war against reason, against clarity, against this very institution.

=> 反对这个机构的反对理性的战争。

Germany and German physics are under threat.

=> 德国和德国的物理学正受到威胁。

Quite the turnout for a Jew, wouldnt you say? LENARD: Our forefathers based their science on experimentation and fact.

=> 相当一个犹太人的投票率,你不是说? LENARD:我们的先辈是以实验和事实为基础的科学。

Not artificial formulae based on arbitrary definition or publicity-seeking fabrications of space and time.

=> 不是基于任意定义或宣传寻求时空的人造公式。

Einstein.

=> 爱因斯坦。

(people muttering) - Einstein.

=> (人们嘀咕) - 爱因斯坦。

- Einstein? MAN: Einstein.

=> - 爱因斯坦?男子:爱因斯坦。

LENARD: This foreign influence has been gaining momentum for far too long.

=> LENARD:这个外国影响力持续太久了。

And it is your job, as the future of this great nation, to protect our Aryan respect for empirical observation.

=> 作为这个伟大国家的未来,你的工作是保护我们对经验观察的雅利安敬意。

Abstruse theories devoid of reality have no place in our field.

=> 没有现实的深奥理论在我们的领域是没有地位的。

If we do not fight against them, I promise you, the foreigner will spread through these hallowed halls like a virus.

=> 如果我们不与他们抗争,我答应你,外国人将像病毒一样通过这些神圣的大厅传播。

And before we have time to react, German physics will be no more.

=> 在我们有时间做出反应之前,德国的物理学将不复存在。

It is time to stand up, gentlemen.

=> 先生们,现在是站起来的时候了。

Stand up for Germany! (students exclaiming) Excuse me.

=> 站起来德国! (学生感叹)不好意思。

Dr.

=> 博士

Einstein? We would just like to say that we are deeply sorry for the loss of your friend.

=> 爱因斯坦?我们只想说,我们对你的朋友的损失深表歉意。

And we want you to know that we are proud to call men such as Minister Rathenau and yourself our compatriots.

=> 我们希望你们知道,我们很自豪地把拉特瑙部长和你们的同胞称为人。

Nice to meet you, Professor Einstein.

=> 很高兴认识你,爱因斯坦教授。

Its an honor, sir.

=> 先生,这是一种荣幸。

Rathenaus killers are German heroes! Rathenaus killers are German heroes! Rathenaus killers are German heroes! - Rathenaus killers are German heroes! - We should leave.

=> Rathenau的杀手是德国英雄! Rathenau的杀手是德国英雄! Rathenau的杀手是德国英雄! Rathenau的杀手是德国英雄! - 我们该走了。

Now.

=> 现在。

No.

=> 没有。

Were not going home until the funeral is over.

=> 葬礼结束之前我们不回家。

And were not leaving Germany.

=> 我们不会离开德国。

Albert.

=> 伟业。

If we leave they win.

=> 如果我们离开他们赢了。

German heroes! Killers are German heroes! Herr Einstein? - I am Professor - Weber.

=> 德国英雄!杀手是德国英雄!爱因斯坦先生?我是韦伯教授

Heinrich Weber.

=> 海因里希·韦伯。

Chair of the physics department, I know.

=> 我知道物理系主任

I I read your paper on heat conduction.

=> 我读了关于热传导的论文。

It seems you have read quite a few papers, young man.

=> 你看了不少文件,年轻人。

You passed the mathematics and science sections with flying colors.

=> 你的数学和科学部分通过了大胆的色彩。

Where did you learn all of this? - I am self-taught, Herr Professor.

=> 你从哪里学到的? - 我是自学的先生教授。

- Ah.

=> - 啊。

That makes sense.

=> 这就说得通了。

Why is that? Because you failed everything else.

=> 这是为什么?因为你失败了一切

Literature, zoology, botany, French, politics, to be specific.

=> 文学,动物学,植物学,法语,政治,具体。

Thats thats quite a few subjects.

=> 那是相当多的话题。

Indeed.

=> 确实。

Oh, my father Can you make an exception, sir? I-I only want to study physics.

=> 哦,我的父亲先生,你可以例外吗?我只想学物理。

No, that is not how a university works.

=> 不,这不是大学的工作方式。

But literature is a pastime.

=> 但文学是一种消遣。

I-Ive never been to a zoo in my life.

=> 我 - 我一生中从未去过动物园。

Botany I place under the same sub-section as literature bourgeois.

=> 植物学我和文学资产阶级在同一个小节下。

And French, well pourquoi, sir? You forgot about politics.

=> 法国人,先生,先生?你忘了政治。

Politics are frivolous.

=> 政治是轻浮的。

Theyre only a matter of present concern.

=> 他们只是目前关心的问题。

But a mathematical equation, Professor, well that stands forever.

=> 但是,一个数学方程,教授,那是永远的。

I tell you what, I am going to bend the rules and invite you to audit my classes and to work in my laboratory.

=> 我告诉你什么,我将会改变规则,邀请你去审核我的课程,并在我的实验室工作。

Will I be an official student? No.

=> 我会成为一名正式的学生吗?没有。

I need to earn a degree, sir.

=> 先生,我需要获得学位。

Because without one, Ill never be taken seriously as a physicist.

=> 因为没有人,我永远不会被当作物理学家来重视。

And Ill never get an office like this, will I? There is a good school 25 miles west of here.

=> 我永远不会得到这样的办公室,对吗?在这里以西25英里处有一所好学校。

I know a teacher who will take you in.

=> 我认识一位将带你进来的老师。

You study for a year, well, you go to a zoo, you learn some French, and then youll come back here and youll retake the exam.

=> 你学习了一年,好吧,你去动物园,你会学习一些法语,然后你会回来,你会重新考试。

I wont disappoint you, sir.

=> 先生,我不会让你失望的

(indistinct conversations) - YOUNG WOMAN: Get the door! - YOUNG MAN: No, you get the door! - GIRL: Im doing homework! - YOUNG WOMAN: Liar, youre in the bathroom! - GIRL: I have cramps! - BOY: She always says that.

=> (模糊的对话) - 年轻女性:走开门! - 年轻人:不,你拿到了门! - 女:我在做功课! - 年轻的女人:骗子,你在洗手间! - 女:我抽筋了! - 博伊:她总是这样说。

YOUNG WOMAN: Everyone relax.

=> 年轻女性:每个人都放松。

您可能还会对下面的文章感兴趣: